Monday, August 26, 2013

Patience, Gentleness, Kindness.

Love is gentle, love is patient, love is kind. My mistake is not picking. My mistake is not being a "doormat"; it's not giving myself enough love...enough gentleness, patience, or kindness.

I will be patient with myself.
I will allow myself to make mistakes without being hard on myself. And I will stop being hard on myself for the mistakes of the past. I will embrace my imperfections rather than be critical of myself.
I will be kind to myself.
I will treat myself the way I treat others. I will love myself the way I love others. I will look in the mirror and know I am special and something wonderful. With or without picking. With or without the love of the one I'm missing.
I will be gentle with myself.
I will baby myself through this hard time. I will treat myself as though I am sick, and surround myself with the metaphorical chicken soup of self-love and forgiveness. I will tend to my needs the way I would tend to the needs of others. I am a walking wound to be wrapped. I am old bones to be laid to rest.
I will heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment